Application for visit visa

SAMPLE LETTER OF INVITATION FOR FRIENDS/FAMILY VISITING YOU IN THE UK


Your name/address
Date

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: Application for visit visa: Name of family member*/friend; Date of Birth; Nationality

I am writing to confirm I wish to invite [name of friend/family member] to visit me in the UK for [?] weeks/months in order to [attend my graduation ceremony/have a short holiday/other reason].  I hope s/he will be able to come on [give date].

I am studying at the University of Sheffield or/I have recently completed by course at the University of Sheffield and have leave to remain until [insert date].

I am able to accommodate him/her for the duration of his/her stay in the UK.  Please find attached evidence of my accommodation / or I will find a hotel/bed and breakfast nearby.  Evidence of my financial status is also attached (if you are going to pay for your guest’s living costs).

I have enclosed the following documents: (as appropriate)
  • Copy of passport
  • Certificate of student status
  • Tenancy agreement/proof of hotel booking
  • 6 months bank statements

Should you require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Your faithfully



Mr/Miss/Ms (as appropriate)





* If you are inviting your parents you should do one letter inviting both of them and include it with both applications.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Application for visit visa