Apply for the PhD program in Environmental Sciences

When you are applying for any degree course or applying for higher studies, make sure that your cover letter should picture your vision and mission clearly. Your cover letter should be framed in a manner that it will explain your education, skills and experiences that are needed to join the course. Try not to show off but request in a way that the reader will praise you and show his interest in you.
Here is a sample PhD cover letter:
Dr. K.V. Sharma,
Assistant Professor,
University of Cape Town,
Cape Town
14th May, 2010
Dear Dr. Sharma,
I am writing to apply for the PhD program in Environmental Sciences at University of Cape Town under your skilled supervision.
I had done my graduation in Zoology in the year 2005 and post graduation in Environmental Biotechnology from University of Rajasthan, India. In all the years of my study I tried to develop a good sense of research.
I was very interested in developing new methods of wetland conservation with the advance technology. I had done my dissertation in “Wetland – Risks and Management” and covered all the physical, biological and chemical aspects of Jal Mahal Wetland, Jaipur. I attended many national and international conferences on Environmental Management and presented posters and papers in few of them.
Four of my papers were published in international journals and six were in national journals. I regularly post articles and blogs about environment and management on different E-Magazines.
I have a sound knowledge of the advance technologies and laboratory equipments that are most importantly needed in environmental management. With all the above mentioned skills and an urge for the research I want to enroll in the PhD program. As you are among the pioneers of this field I am willing to work under your supervision.
Thank you for considering my application and I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Abhijeet Singh

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Apply for the PhD program in Environmental Sciences