Sample Networking/Informational Interviewing Letter

Hamilton College 
198 College Hill Road 
Clinton, NY 13323 

Date of Letter 

Maria Reade 
Dean of Students 
Trinity-Pawling School 
Pawling, NY 12564 

Dear Ms. Reade: 

Heather Wixson suggested I contact you in regard to my interest in teaching at independent schools. I 
understand that you got involved in independent school teaching immediately following graduation, and 
as I am looking to do the same, I was wondering whether you would be available to answer a few 
questions I have about the process. 

I am interested in teaching positions at independent schools in particular, because I am hoping to find an 
environment that closely compares to the small, welcoming atmosphere I have grown to love as an 
undergraduate at Hamilton College. Teaching has always been a passion of mine, and I have had the 
opportunity to work with children of all ages in a range of classroom, camp and after-school settings. 

Would it be possible to set up a phone interview or meet briefly sometime over the next few months as I 
conduct my job search? Enclosed is a copy of my resume, which I hope will give you a better sense of 
my teaching interests. I have several questions that I believe you can help clarify. I will call your office 
the week of October 24th, to see if your schedule permits such a meeting. I will be attending Eastern 
College Career Day in Boston, where I believe you will be representing Trinity-Pawling, and I look 
forward to meeting you there as well. If you have any questions for me, you can reach me at 
alaurits@hamilton.edu. Thank you for your time and consideration. 

Sincerely, 

Alexandra Laurits 

Enclosure: resume

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Sample Networking/Informational Interviewing Letter