Sample Thank You letter for networking/information

The “Thank You” Letter - for information/networking

At some point in your job search, it may be appropriate to send a thank you letter to someone that helped you out in a different way than by interviewing you. This type of letter would be good to send to someone who spoke to you about opportunities in your career field, gave you a great job lead, offered to pass along your resume, or gave you a lot of help finding that perfect job.

Networking is a great skill to acquire. Anyone who gives you assistance of any kind in a job search is a potential contact at some point in your professional career. These types of letters will help make a good feeling mutual. You may want to structure your letter this way:

· Express appreciation for the meeting/service/contact
· Mention some of the advice you were given
· Reaffirm your interest in the career field

Sample Thank You letter for networking/information 
 
 
5000 Hill Street 
Alfred, NY 14802 
August 1, 2000 
 
Mr. Bruce Jenner, Designer 
Cellular Systems, Inc. 
222 Clinton Avenue 
Rochester, NY 14626 
 
Dear Mr. Jenner: 
 
I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated meeting with you yesterday morning. The employment opportunities you described in the sales and marketing departments sound like exciting career opportunities, and a good match for my skills. I would like to reaffirm my strong interest in both these areas. 
 
I have taken your advice and researched Cellular Systems on the Internet. Your website was put together well, and the information I acquired has been enlightening and has served to further pique my interest in becoming a part of the marketing team. I am impressed with the success of your company. 
 
Again, Mr. Jenner, I appreciate that you have taken personal time to meet with me concerning career opportunities at Cellular Systems. Thank you for your hospitality and I will keep you informed of my progress. 
 
Sincerely, 
 
 
 
(signature) 
Matthew Thompson

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Sample Thank You letter for networking/information